Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day Two in England - Getting Used to Differences

Portobello Market was an amazing market to see and gain the experience of. It does not even compare in the slightest bit to the farmers markets I have been in here in Wisconsin. There were so many vendors and the market went on for what seemed like miles. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the market and found so many interesting items there.



 


The vendors that stood out to me were the ones with antiques and classic London items. such as the old model double decker buses, pictured above. It was neat to see the things that people had made, as well as the antique items that were still in great condition. I could have spent all day there, which we nearly did! Here is a link to information on Admiral Vernon.


While at the market, on our way back to find the Tube station, we came across an Acapella group from the University of London, called the Techtonics. I was blown away at their talent and stayed for the duration of their performances. I heard a few songs and recorded each one. Here is one of the videos I recorded of them.
Covent Garden Tube Station


After seeing enough of Portobello Market, it was to Covent Garden we went. We actually walked around the area, not going to the actual market, as it was the British Museum we were anxious to see. I had been looking forward to this since I started planning this trip. I knew there were many neat things to see at the museum and was excited to finally have the opportunity to visit the museum.

British Museum
Greek Heads


No comments:

Post a Comment