Monday, May 20, 2013

Day Four in England - Day Trip to Brighton



When I got to Brighton I decided to walk around to see what was there. I stopped at a little coffee shop/grocery store and had a chai latte and a homemade brownie for a pre-lunch snack. After making my purchase, I kept on walking and came upon the Brighton Jubilee Clock Tower, which was covered in articles of clothing. I looked up the reason why this was, and came across a website that featured the artist and a tidbit of information behind this work of art. The website can be found here. In doing my research, I discovered that there were many people against this work of art, although I found that it was really neat, although that may be that I was merely a tourist.




During my trip to Brighton, I had the pleasure of seeing the ocean for the first time in my life. I was disappointed that it was cloudy on the day I went, but I was still able to get some good pictures of the water and the pier. The area was real quiet in the morning and early afternoon, when I spent the majority of my time at the pier, and it was incredibly beautiful to see the calm serenity of the ocean.


Brighton Pier
Brighton Wheel



 


I also tasted my first ever fish and chips. I thought it was very fitting to try out the English classic while on the beach, figuring it would make the fish more "fresh." Not usually a fan of fish, I found the fish and chips quite delectable. I even enjoyed the mushy peas, which I dipped the "chips" in. 




While in London, the phrase "mind the gap" on the Tube was very common, and when I saw this sign that read "Mind the Seagulls," I had to laugh and take a picture. The Seagulls were all over the beach, surprise surprise, and they were all over everything. I found them quite amusing, rather than annoying like I do when I see them at home in Oshkosh.


The Royal Pavilion
Squawking Seagull on the Beach
 
There was a seagull on the beach that I found quite amusing. It was squawking up a storm and I wanted to capture that hilarious moment on camera. After I had spent several hours at the beach, I headed back toward the train station to see what other sights I could find. I came across the Brighton The Royal Pavilion and found it very architecturally appealing. After taking a few pictures of the The Royal Pavilion. I grabbed some food for dinner from Sainsbury's and then hopped on the train back to London. My day trip to Brighton was incredible and if I ever have the opportunity to go back there some day, I will definitely jump on the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment